Graceville Elementary School presently serves students in PreK through fifth grade. Graceville's first public school was built in 1885 and was a combined elementary and high school. In 1911, a two story brick school building was erected near the present Graceville Elementary site. The first graduation ceremony was held in 1913.
The 1911 structure burned about 1920 and was rebuilt near the same site. Classrooms were added in 1930. Two of those classrooms are still part of Graceville Elementary School.
In 1971 middle school students began attending St. Paul School in Campbellton, about seven miles from Graceville. The Graceville School was again partially destroyed by fire in 1974. Twenty-one portable buildings replaced the burned classrooms and auditorium. In 1976, a modern high school was built and only grades one through six were housed on the present site of Graceville Elementary. Kindergarten classes were held in classrooms near what is now the North Florida Rehabilitation and Nursing Center. The kindergarten was moved to the present site when two new buildings were constructed in 1989. At the beginning of the 1989 school year, sixth graders were moved to the high school. In 1991, a pre-kindergarten program began on campus.
Graceville Elementary School is a strong force in the community and has great support from the surrounding area. This support comes from local businesses, churches, and the Baptist College of Florida.